We teamed up with our friend, mixed media artist Michelle Lisenbee (who works right around the corner from our roastery in Savage, MD) to create a build-your-own care package, so you can send a smile to someone you love or get a treat for yourself!
Choose any combination of these options:
- an "art heart" featuring Michelle's work*;
- a bookmark featuring Michelle's work*;
- a sample-size bag** of Brewing Good tea or coffee, and stickers;
- and a greeting card* designed by Michelle, which are blank inside (We'll hand-write your gift note to your recipient.)
and we will wrap up all your selections and ship (or deliver locally) for free!
* We have ONE of each bookmark, art heart, and greeting card pictured. You can choose any gift card still in stock. We are following Michelle's regular practice of randomizing the art heart and bookmark sent. She has found that the one she chooses ends up being the exact right one for the recipient. (You can request a preference in your order comments, but we can't guarantee that we'll still have it. If you only want a specific heart or bookmark, email or message us on social media to see if we still have it.)
** Sample size tea is 1-2 ounces, depending on the type chosen, and coffee is 6 ounces.
More from Michelle about her work:
Art Hearts, currently my favorite pieces to make, are joyfully created on watercolor paper with paint, paper, stamps, etc. Each one is unique and includes a soulful, positive thought. They begin as blank watercolor paper and are transformed into individual inspirational messages through many layers of paint, stamping, stencils, collage, etc. They take many days to create, and I touch each one at least a dozen times throughout the process. Each time I add another layer, I send light and love to the person who will eventually receive it, so they are infused with goodness! They are perfect to use as personal reminders, as well as making great gifts or cards. They fit perfectly into a 5”x 5” envelope for easy mailing.
There are so many uses for these:
**Part of your own self-care - place them where you'll see them on a regular basis for a positive lift.
**Mail them to friends or family as cards or small gifts.
**Use them as unique and beautiful gift tags
**Present them to staff or colleagues as tokens of appreciation
**Use them as surprise table place cards. (Put one face down at each place setting and let guests turn them over at a specified time and read their messages)
**String several together to make a positive, inspirational garland
**Add magnets to the backs!
Please note that I have over 80 different sayings on these hearts. I create them in batches and usually there are only 1-2 of each message in each batch, so there's no guarantee that I will have the messages pictured. My typical process is to ask Spirit for guidance in choosing the hearts I send. Most people find the messages end up being exactly right. If there are specific messages you'd like, feel free to message me and I'll let you know if they are currently available.
Bookmarks: Although I love Kindle, I REALLY love reading actual paper books and using a tangible bookmark. These are created using the same process as my Art Hearts: they begin as blank watercolor paper and are transformed through many layers of paint, stamping, stencils, collage, etc. I touch each one at least a dozen times throughout the process. Each time I add another layer, I send light and love to the person who will eventually receive it, so they are infused with goodness! Each one is a small, unique piece of art!
- Front is decorated paper, the back is a solid color which varies and includes a quote about books or reading.
- Coated with flexible satin varnish so they are water-resistant. (You can't soak or wash them, but they will resist minor spills and are durable enough for many books!)
- Decorative fibers add an additional flair.
- Size is 2 inches by 8 inches.
- A wonderful small gift for yourself or the readers in your life.
Please note there are over 20 different quotes. I create them in batches and usually there are only 1-2 of each quote in the batch, so there's no guarantee that I will have the those pictured. If there's a specific one you like, message me to see if it's available at the time of your order.
Fun & Unique gift
Posted by Vanessa on Sep 30th 2020
I sent this to my supervisor for her birthday. She was very surprised and said she "loved everything included, especially the unique card" (I got the sample of coffee, tea, bookmark, card, heart art). Shipping was SUPER fast as well. I love that my purchase put a smile on the face of someone I care about and my purchase helped animals! I plan on purchasing the care package for another co-worker whose birthday is coming up at the end of October. Thanks for helping the animals BREWING GOOD!!